Activities and Responsibilities
The Bandung Philharmonic is pleased to announce the Conducting Virtual Master Class 2021 with Music Director, Robert Nordling.
Open to Indonesian conductors at any age, those selected as Virtual Master Class participants will receive detailed instruction, individual practical feedback and extended conversation with other conductors and with Maestro Nordling. If possible a public virtual concert featuring pre-recorded work of each Conducting participant will close the Master Class on February 27.
Sessions will include :
- ‘Studying the Score: Learning to Understand the Composer’s Ideas’.
- ‘Conducting During COVID – Get Busy!’.
- Individual feedback and discussion with each Conductor.
- Live Q&A Group Zoom Session.
Application requirements :
- Indonesian conductors are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must submit a video recording (include the scores) with one of the options below :
- - A recent performance or rehearsal – (not earlier than 2019). Video can be up to 10’ in length and must run continuously – unedited. Video can be either a complete work or an excerpt. It can be an MP4 file, a YouTube video or any other standard digital format. It must be filmed facing the conductor – from behind the ensemble.
- - Make one video of yourself conducting a complete work or an excerpt. Using a YouTube video performances as your background, video-record yourself conducting. Video can be up to 10’ in length. The sound in the submitted video must be clear and loud enough to be heard. The conductor must be seen fully form head to toe in the video, well-lighted and facing the camera in front. The outermost limits of the conducting hands must be seen in view.
Download Application Terms and Conditions
Download Application Form
- Applicants will provide 2 letters of recommendation from teachers, performers or conductors who are familiar with your work.
- Applicants will attach a list of works conducted in performance, in rehearsal and works you have studied.
- Applicants may also include other sample programs, written reviews and other supporting material with their application.
- Please send your application form by email to email@example.com with Subject: Conducting Virtual Master Class.
- Application open until 31 January 2021. Accepted applicants will be announced on 10 February 2021
- Accepted applicants will have to finish the payment before 14 February 2021.
- More information please download file below or contact 0821 1806 5573.